Make the Switch
Vassallo Constructions is now operating in Rockhampton with the establishment of our new regional office located at 1 Denham Street.
Vassallo Constructions commenced in Mackay in 1997 and our capabilities and skillsets have expanded immensely throughout our 22 years in business. Although we have grown, we continue to maintain family values with a management team keen on supporting and growing our teams with continued career progression.
Our portfolio of clients includes local, state and federal governments, ports, mining, agriculture and urban property developers with capacity to complete projects valued at up to $100M.
About the Role
We have established a highly regarded management team at our Rockhampton office ready to deliver a committed pipeline of works in the Central Queensland region and are currently recruiting for a unique composite Safety Officer/Human Resources Officer role.
With ongoing projects, you will become part of an established team working out of our Rockhampton office with strong focus on TMR, defense and mine infrastructure work.
Your key responsibilities would include but not be limited to:
- Promote a continuous improvement culture and implement best practice management systems in the workplaces
- Monitor daily site tasks and provide advice on risks and controls
- Assist with the recruitment, selection and onboarding of new candidates
- Co-ordinate training as required
- Ensure compliance with all company procedures, and regulatory and legislative requirements for Health and Safety
- Ensure that OHS induction and training is provided to all employees and subcontractors;
- Manage subcontractor compliance
- Undertake audits to verify compliance
- Investigate any injuries, incidents and near misses and recommend appropriate corrective actions
- Co-ordinate return to work activities
What you will need to succeed
- Experience in the civil construction industry
- A thorough knowledge of civil industry OHS best practice, legislation, regulations and codes of practice
- Effective communication skills
- A thorough knowledge of rehabilitation and return to work management
- Cert IV in OHS or higher
- A thorough knowledge of effective HR management procedures, either through formal qualifications (or working toward) or previous experience in a similar role
- Drivers Licence
The next step
If you’re a Safety Officer with formal qualifications experienced in construction and can manage human resource accountabilities, we want to hear from you. We offer working in a supportive, diverse and innovative environment. You are encouraged to apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or speak directly with our OHS Advisor / Human Resources Manager (Jean) on (07) 4968 0068 for more information.